Shirt: Sezane sz 0/32
Shorts: AF short xxs c/o. Fit info below. Also been eying these, on sale!
Sandals: Sezane sz 6 c/o. Runs small so I sized up. Love & wear them often!
Accessories: Anne Klein watch (DIY resized), Edited Pieces mini belt xxs, $15 sunglasses
I’ve enjoyed working on capsule wardrobe posts in recent years, and one piece that’s in the lineup each time is a classic button down shirt. The Sézane Tomboy is such a good option that goes from work to weekend – it’s tailored enough to pair with office wear, and the slightly relaxed fit works perfectly with casualwear without being too oversized for me. The fabric is a subtly textured, 100% cotton that is more oxford style cotton than my Everlane shirts, which are a thinner weight, flat cotton.
- Chlo blouse is gorgeous in the blue/white stripe cotton with lace trim. This was out of stock for so long and now back. A more tailored slim fit than the Tomboy shirt.
- Stripe Leontine jumper – the viral pullover sweater from a few years ago, that I still adore and get questions about every single time.
- Abelia drape blouse. Looser fit, nice quality with a little weight and texture to the drape fabric. Elegant tucked into high rise trousers, skirts or jeans.
- Gatsby stripe tee – unique row of buttons and drop shoulder, relaxed fit. Note this is an oversized fit in a thicker weight cotton, so I usually only half tuck it in the front to avoid too much bulk.
- Bianca lace blouse – a more special, intricate piece with petite-friendly 7/8 sleeves.
I’ve been searching for tailored shorts in a dressier material than my beloved Madewell ones, and have yet to find the perfect pair. I’ve been holding onto these A&F tailored shorts for a while and while the waist fits nice and snugly, the 5″ inseam is long on me and I can’t decide whether to hem them. Also, I’d like the bottom opening to be a little wider for a more A-line shape. I did see they have a newer shorter version which has a 3″ inseam, and might give those a try in black!
Alternatively, Express has a beautiful looking 3.5″ inseam tailored short I’ve been eying with great reviews and a great sale price, but they don’t make my waist size anymore so I’m not sure how they’d fit.
I also wanted to show how the Tomboy shirt looks untucked. I wore it like this a few times as a casual layer or swimsuit cover up. I absolutely love the oxford texture on the blue color for lending it a “borrowed from the boys” feel.
If you’ve been considering this straw basket bag and see it pop back into stock – don’t wait! I received this as a gift after I splurged on a Loewe bag earlier this summer, and to be honest, I reach for this one much more. A key benefit over my Loewe is an attached drawstring liner bag (EVERY straw bag should have this feature!!). The handles also swivel so you can switch from long shoulder straps to short handles, seen on me above. As I mentioned before, they actually improved on the Loewe-inspired swivel handle design so that when you’re using one set of straps, the other set can be completely hidden inside the bag.