Happy Thursday ~ all Nordstrom cardholders can now shop the anniversary sale! Be sure to check my Instagram this morning for a fun giveaway. If you don’t have a Nordstrom card, the sale opens to everyone on July 17th. Also, for those who were waiting we just restocked our original EP reversible belt in black / brown which appears several times in this post!
I’ve been regularly updating my LTK Nsale folder with video try-ons (to show the products better) and fit reviews, so you can go there for everything saved in one place. Quick note, both my flattering jeans in today’s blog post are on sale and NOT from Nordstrom so anyone can shop them!
Shoes & Boots
- Steve Madden boots (3 colors; save $60) TTS – I got 5.5.
See my video which shows the fit. These are my favorite Nsale buy so far, and my top pick for petites with narrower to standard width calves. It’s SO rare for me to find knee-high boots that fit this well at the shaft. The rounded square toe and blade heel are modern yet classic. I debated amongst all the colors, and think this chocolate brown will be most versatile for transitioning my outfits into cooler weather. Very tempted by the bone, though, since a cream leather boot is SO chic and even harder to find in a petite-friendly fit. Size 5.5 measures: 13.25″ shaft height, and 14″ top circumference.
- I was also eying these flat shorter-shaft height boots available in an impressive range of narrow, regular, and wide calf options. However, the narrow calf option only starts for size 6 and up. Size 5 and 5.5 has regular and wide calf only.
- Farm Rio dress (save $75) – My local store still had this well stocked today, so I’m thinking they may restock online! So cute and airy with petite friendly proprotions, in a print that also works well for Fall. Just note the waist has no stretch and the xxs waist is fitted on me.
- I actually found several beautiful Farm Rio dresses on notable sale *not* at Nordstrom, and still stocked in xxs/xs! Linked them in this LTK post.
- Under $60: Nordstrom Becca Slingbacks. 4 colors! Fit: TTS to a little small.
Elongating and leg-flattering in the nude with a very low block heel. The red would also be very chic for a bold yet classic pop of color. The slingback fit seemed wide foot-friendly as well, and the style is cute with jeans and also dressy enough for the office. I’m actually trying on size 6 in the below photos which were a little loose on me along both sides, so I’ll be getting the 5.5.
- Steve Madden Cap Toe Flats (save $30) – Fit: TTS, I got 5.5
Purchased and can’t wait to show with more outfits. Classic wardrobe staple cap toe flats with a modern rounded square toe. The small block heel is more comfortable than complete flats. These will be a great work-to-weekend shoe and looks good with officewear, jeans and shorts.
- Birkenstock Arizona slide sandals (save $40) – TTS and are made of a glossy leather that feels easy to wipe clean. The store only had sz 6, which were a little big on me.
- Blondo waterproof booties (save $50) – I also do not need these but wanted to mention, as I have a few Blondo boots over the years that have proven themselves practical in Boston weather. These are waterproof with a subtle, on trend lug sole. Fit is TTS – I’d do a 5.5 in these.
- (Not pictured) These $70 black leather waterproof chelsea boots (sizes 4-13) were my most-worn Nsale purchase in prior years. They were updated, and I’m curious how they are now.
- New Balance 574 (also tried these very similar ones) Fit: about half size small.
On trend but also a classic NB (I wore this exact style # in college!). Love the neutral grey and cream color combo that’s on sale, and I’ve had luck cleaning my light suede NB’s using a magic eraser. I’m usually a 5 to 5.5 in shoes, and am trying the 5.5 here but could potentially size up to a 6.
For today’s post, I’m starting with some popular / premium brands that might sell out first.
- Allsaints cropped jacket ($170 off) – I’m trying on sz 2 in blue since it’s the smallest they had in store, but a 0 would fit great and black would be my pick. Petite friendly and beautiful quality, soft. supple leather. I love that the black also has black zippers for more subtle detailing, and that there isn’t too much hardware in general on this jacket.
If you’re looking to buy an Allsaints jacket this year and debating between this and the Dalby – it’s a tough one. While the Dalby is classic, I really like the cropped look for petites to highlight your waistline, esp when paired with dresses and high rise bottoms.
- Rails floral dress ($88 off) – Trying on XS, but the XXS (online only) would be my ideal fit. This dress is 100% cotton with a cull lining, and is petite friendly with a stretchy smocked bodice. Also bump friendly due to the higher waistline. Was thinking it would look nice with the EP belt, too!
- Allsaints Dalby leather jacket (save $170) – Timeless, high quality leather and petite-friendly. Allsaints leather jackets are some of the best you can get at this sale price point. I’ve had this one for a few years now and don’t think it’ll ever go out of style. The length is slightly longer than the cropped jacket below, but still petite friendly. Runs small and a size 00 is fitted on me all around.
- French Connection Blazer Dress (save $60) – If you missed my Alice & Olivia blazer dress last year, this is a similar concept but longer in length and fits me a little bigger. I also have the sleeves folded under. If you’re my height, this length could potentially be work-appropriate in some offices. I would prefer mine shorter for going out!
- Vince double breasted wool jacket (save $195) – This was my favorite clothing out of everything tried on, and exceeded my expectations in terms of material! Feels very substantial and warm, like wearing a cloud and is not at all itchy. I’m trying on the xxs and while the cut is oversized on petites, the jacket is super soft and plush and has drape.
- Not pictured: my Barefoot Dreams sale pick. See it on me. The popular circle cardigan is not included for what I feel is like..the first time ever? I tried all the sale options and this one’s my favorite, closest to a cozy long one I love and got prior year. I would ignore the way it’s marketed -it’s totally wearable as a regular cardigan!
- Cashmere & wool duster coatigan (save $195) – I didn’t even plan to try this on since it looks huge and shapeless online. And while it *is* oversized, after seeing it in person it felt really nice and petites can def pull it off if you like oversized (I have the sleeves cuffed up). Similar to its shorter camel sister above, this coatigan is also extremely cozy and luxe feeling with a substantial weight to it and drapes. There’s also a slight tweedy / boucle texture on the knit.
- Caslon open front cardigan (under $50) – Actually a very decent cardigan at this price point. Cozy & soft medium weight knit, good torso fit on me in XXS, lots of colors and has well-placed pockets! I do have the sleeves cuffed up.
- Commando faux leather leggings (save $40) – Runs a little snug – I have XS. Great hold and shaping, high rise, not too thin and don’t show every lump & bump. I’ve had these for years and personally like them better than the popular Spanx, which are thin like liquid-style activewear leggings. The Commamado come in a petite-friendly 7/8 length, plus the hems stay in place when you fold them under if you want to shorten even more.
- Zoe Claire midi sweater dress (2 colors; $75) – The style of this is 100% up my alley, but I didn’t even include it in my earlier roundup since it only comes in size S, M, L. The S is indicated as (4 to 6), but turns out it’s very stretchy and form fitted, and fits more like an XS. The length is a longer midi for petites, while the waistline hits surprisingly actually near where my natural waist is.
- Mini Longchamp Le Pliage (save $60) – An adorable take on a classic! Comes in 3 colors and can be worn crossbody or carried with the top handles. I can see it fitting a decent amount for a mini bag. The signature Le Pliage nylon material is low maintenance and easy to wipe clean.
- Celine square sunglasses (save $180) – See my video try-on.
- Celine butterfly sunglasses (save $170) – See my video try-on. These are a bolder and chunkier, slightly rounded frame that felt a little more Asian fit / lower nose bridge-friendly than the square ones.
- Allsaints ruana / wrap (save $55) – This felt too long for me (5 ft. tall) but wanted to share because the rib texture was nice and substantial. I also would’ve liked some sort of snap or button to keep the armhole in place. For petites, I’d recommend our reversible Edited Pieces wrap that comes in 2 shorter lengths!
See my picks on skincare & makeup in my regular rotation on sale!
- Nuna Rava car seat (save $150)
- See Nori in it rear-facing (and now front-facing)
- Stokke high chair bundle (save $100)
- See how our whole family can use it comfortably
- BabyZen YoYo stroller (save $110)
- My review. Been using ours for 4+ years now!
- Doona car seat / travel stroller (save $140)
- See how it is for a petite parent to push
- UPPAbaby Vista V2 (save $250)
- Single-to-double. Read my review & comparison with Cybex.
- Cybex Gazelle S Stroller (save $240)
- See how we loved using it with basket + Nuna carseat.
- Nuna infant car seats
For fit reference, Nick is about 5’8” 165lb. Usually a S, occasionally a M.
- Good Man Brand jacket (save $80) – Fit: size up if between sizes. He’s in Medium.
Nick bought this last Nsale and I hesitated to give it a strong recommendation, because the jacket feels thin for the price tag and the reviews were mixed. However, he’s probably worn it AT LEAST 1x a week over the entire past year and it still looks great. It has a little structure, with the feel of a stretch sweatshirt comfy enough for WFH. The lighter weight has proven to work well for layering across a range of temps year-round. The fabric is smooth and almost cooling, according to Nick.
- Tech-Smart padded shirt jacket (Under $100) Fit: TTS to size down. Nick’s trying Medium and ended up ordering a Small. This thicker shirt jacket is surprisingly good value for the sale price of $92. It has several functional pockets (zippered side pockets, an interior one), a full quilted lining, and feels warm for spring and fall without looking bulky.
- An unexciting Nsale rec that Nick asked me to “make sure to order more before blogging about in case it sells out” lol are these Treasure & Bond slub tees. According to him, these are better than basic tees, hold up well in the wash, and the slub fabric texture and little details like side notches elevates it a bit. He wears a Small and recommends these in navy, grey, and olive.