I’m not usually big on following trends, but a few this season are really speaking to me! I don’t think I’ve owned either a vest or Mary Jane shoes since high school, but I currently can’t get enough of these preppy, throwback styles.
I partnered with J.Crew on an Instagram post, and wanted to share some more details over here. They nailed the sweater vest and these polished Mary Jane shoes, amongst a few other pieces this year! They’re currently running a sale with 40% off select styles for members when logged into your account (free to join). Here are a few of my sale picks:
- Slim wide-leg jeans – See my recent post on 5 different shoes to pair with this wider, cropped silhouette.
- Gold orb earrings – Pictured below. I got these and wear almost daily! They’re fab for a chunky gold accent, in a slightly vintage gold tone. Note: I don’t find these to be heavy, but I did switch out the butterfly backing for a disc backing (from my other earrings) which supports the shape of these earrings more.
- Stripe rib shirt – The sleeves are long on me so I fold them under, but it’s a versatile basic that I’ve already paired with jeans (pictured here, tailored shorts, and a slip skirt (pictured here).
- Kate straight-leg pant – These have an updated more modern straight cut compared to the Cameron pants, and fit great off the rack with no waist gap. The petite length even works well on me for flats and sneakers too. See on me.
I also wanted to mention that this classic tailored blazer is on sale for a rare 40% off during BR’s Friends & Family sale. I picked this up a few years ago and continue to love its timeless, sharply tailored style.
And a few of my other J.Crew favorites this year:
- Emilie Sweater Lady Jacket – Have never seen this on sale since it’s such a popular item. You can read my original review in this post. These have been going fast in every color, with several sizes on preorder now. I could wear this daily!
- Sydney wide-leg pants in an updated 4 season stretch that is so good!
- Layla sling-back Mary Janes
- Cashmere sweater vest
A luxe little piece! The cashmere is light and soft against the skin, and the overall fit is very petite friendly. An xxs works great on me but I also tried it on in xs, seen below in navy. The xs is a slightly loose fit on me, but could work if the intent is to layer. In the store I saw this on mannequins layered over a simple tee shirt, and also over a long sleeve button down.
I first shared this cut of pant in the spring featuring the cotton version. I thought the cotton was great, but got to try the same pant in their “four season stretch” fabric and am in love. The fabric feels high quality, has a good weight to it for year-round wear, and is a nice & smooth weave against the skin. My waist measures 25″ and I fit in between their 00P and 0P for this particular style – 00P is a snug fit on me at the waist, and 0P has some room.
Super cute with a manageable low ~ 1.5 inch heel. I thought this was a nice way to do the Mary Jane style in a neutral color, updated toe shape and practical heel. I’m very into rounded square toes lately and they nailed it on this toe shape and delicate front strap, which is also useful for adjusting the fit width-wise. I went with my typical size 5 and found these to fit TTS.